The Glebar CAM.2 Micro Grinder is the perfect machine for grinding complex medical and small precision parts such as complex medical guidewires, radiuses, needle points, and non-linear shapes. Previously unproduceable parts can be made easily, with minimal setup time, and with limited operator training. Glebar’s patented dual-carriage linear motor part feed system ensures that the position, speed, and rotation are under absolute control at all times controlling the grind with a high degree of diameter and length accuracy.
- Absolute control over the lengths and diameters.
- 3D visualization of part and wheel shape.
- Glebar P4K Gauging System available to feed diameter measurements to the control system for automatic size compensation.
- Secondary Spindle Assembly can be used as a cutoff wheel to grind slots, angular slots, or generate sharp internal corners.
- In-line grit blasting for marker bands or general abrasion.
- OPC or OLE server connection to SCADA or other ERP and data management systems.
- Collects production data and machine status in real-time.
- Available Spool Feeder System feeds Nitinol and SLT wire from a spool.
- CNC work wheel dressing.
- Variable part rotation speed.
- 15” touchscreen HMI with underlying G-code control.
- Fully customizable software.
- Unlimited part/recipe library.
- Available with CE Certification and approved safety locks.
- EtherCAT® connection for remote access or remote technical support.
- Patented Multi-Axis Positioning System.
- Continuous feed system.
- Laser interferometer ensures sub-micron accuracy.
- Software interface allows an unskilled operator to run multiple high-precision machines simultaneously.
- Available wheel balancing system.
- Work Wheel Diameter: 12” (305mm)
- Work Wheel Speed: variable up to 3,600 RPM; 11,000 SFPM (56 M/S)
- Diameter Resolution: 0.1 μm (0.000004”)
- Length Resolution: 0.1μm (0.000004”)
- Incoming Stock Diameter Min: 0.005” (0.13mm)
- Incoming Stock Diameter Max: 0.250” (6.35mm)
- Minimum Grind Diameter: 0.0005” (0.013mm)
- Machine Weight: 3,400 lbs
- Machine Bed: 6” thick granite
- Feeder lengths: 6’, 12.5’, 16’ (180cm, 380cm, 500cm)
- Power: 380-400 VAC / 460-480 VAC, 3PH, 30 A, 50/60 Hz (Voltage Conversion Kit available for other voltages)
- Air: 4CFM @ 80PSI
- Machine Footprint: 58” x 45” x 86” (148 x 115 x 219cm)